The Family Birth Center at Rancho Springs
The doctors, nurses and specialists at the Family Birth Center at Rancho Springs Medical Center are focused on creating a positive experience for moms and their families. From the moment you arrive until you are ready to take your newborn home, your loved ones will be welcomed and encouraged to participate in your childbirth experience. Rancho Springs also encourages mothers and babies to stay together as much as possible while in the hospital. We encourage skin-to-skin care and strongly support breastfeeding as standard care for couplets.
Features of the Family Birth Center at Rancho Springs
- Largest birthing center in the region
- Highest Level II NICU in the region: Rady Children’s
- OB Hospitalists on-site 24/7
- 24/7 OB Emergency Department
- Complete couplet care – skin-to-skin care
- All private suites
Ask Nurse Annette
One of the many outstanding nurses in our Family Birth Center answers some of the questions that she hears most frequently from moms-to-be. Watch her helpful videos and take advantage of the opportunity to ask her a question of your own.
Awards and Recognition
- Awarded Blue Cross Blue Shield Distinction for expertise in specialty care in maternity services. Read more >
- Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego ranked among the nation's best hospitals for neonatal care by U.S. News & World Report. Read more >
- Recognized by the International Board of Lactation Consultant and Examiners for excellence in lactation care for the second consecutive time. Read more >
- Top Performer Award for Rady Children's Level II NICU from Professional Research Consultants, Inc. (PRC) for overall quality of care, achieving 100 percent in patient satisfaction scores. Read more >
Comprehensive Care Around the Clock
Rancho Springs is staffed around the clock with OB hospitalists so that a board-certified physician specializing in obstetrics and gynecology is in the hospital and immediately available at all times. These dedicated OB/GYN physicians provide backup support for on-staff OB/GYNs, care for expectant moms in times of emergency prior to the arrival of a patient's own physician, provide support for high-risk pregnancies and deliver babies for patients who don't have an obstetrician. The OB hospitalist team members have received special training in advanced fetal monitoring, risk management, operative delivery, coding and compliance and advanced cardiac life support.
With 17 spacious private labor and delivery suites, along with 24 postpartum rooms, triage areas, a dedicated post-anesthesia care unit, cesarean section operating rooms and a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Family Birth Center at Rancho Springs is a great place in Southwest Riverside County to deliver a baby.
Sign Up for a Childbirth Education Class
Rancho Springs offers a variety of classes for families expecting a new addition. You can also arrange for an informational class to learn more about our facilities.
Or call 1-800-879-1020.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Affiliated with Rady Children’s Hospital, the Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Rancho Springs is an eleven-bed unit equipped with the latest technology to observe, monitor, stabilize or resuscitate seriously ill newborns. Located just steps from our labor and delivery suites, babies who were born prematurely or who have unusual medical conditions during their first days of life, can stay close to their mothers while in the hospital. Learn more about the NICU >